I’m Debbie Young, and I write at home in my Victorian cottage in a small, lively village in Gloucestershire, England. I also love travelling, finding inspiration wherever we go in the family camper van.
As you can see from the books I’ve written so far, I’ve a butterfly mind! To find out more about any of the books, just click on the cover image.
I love connecting with readers and writers all over the world, so please don’t hesitate to contact me if you’d like to. I guarantee a personal reply.
To be among the first to know about new books and special offers, sign up here for my e-newsletter (free short story every time!) You’ll also find a new post on my blog at least once a week.
In the meantime, if you’d like to find out more about my writing life, click the menu tabs at the top of the page, or scroll down a bullet-point summary.
My fiction has always been short so far (but I’ve a novel planned for 2015!):
- short stories of around 3,000 words
- flash fiction of 100-1000 words
My non-fiction includes:
- self-help books for authors, published by SilverWood Books and the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi)
- books about Type 1 Diabetes, raising funds and awareness for the research charity JDRF
- travel memoirs & advice about travel by camper van
- the history of my village, as part of a local writers’ group
- memoirs of my life in the village
- family memoirs
As a journalist, I contribute articles to various print and online magazines about:
- book promotion
- children’s books and literacy
- living with Type 1 diabetes
I also write monthly columns in two regional publications, Tetbury Advertiser and Hawkesbury Parish News.
As a blogger, I write:
- my personal YoungByName blog (housed on this website)
- a blog about book promotion (found on my Off The Shelf Book Promotions website)
- guest posts for other bloggers
- occasional posts for ALLi’s Self-Publishing Advice blog, of which I’m also Commissioning Editor
An avid reader, I’m an enthusiastic book reviewer in various quarters:
- staff reviewer for Vine Leaves Literary Journal
- regular books columnist for Today’s Child Magazine
- personal reviewer on my websites. retail sites and social media for readers
As a consultant, I love helping other authors to become more successful. From my Off The Shelf Book Promotions book marketing consultancy, I dispense helpful book promotion prescriptions offering an action plan tailored to each author’s needs.
For even more information about my background, please visit these pages: