Living in a small English village for over 25 years, I’ve written about it in three different forms:
- as part of the Hawkesbury Writers group, which has co-authored and published three volumes of the social history of the village, drawing on memories of local residents and archive material
- a collection of essays about my early impressions of moving to the village in 1991
- monthly columns in two community magazines, often reflecting on matters of national and local significance as they affect our region
You can find out more about the Hawkesbury Writers’ books on their website.
I’ve combined my own essays and columns into these two volumes:
- All Part of the Charm includes the essays about moving to Hawkesbury Upton and the columns I’ve written for the Hawkesbury Parish News
- Young By Name brings together all the columns I’ve written during the last six years for the award-winning community magazing, the Tetbury Advertiser, in which my regular column is called “Young By Name”
Both books are now available to order in paperback from all good book retailers (just quote the ISBN to order from your local bookshop) and as ebooks from the usual online suppliers.
RRP £6.99 (paperback) £1.99 (ebook)
All Part of the Charm 9781911223023
Young By Name 978191223030