Coming soon: a new series of timeless chapter books for children of primary school age
Ten-year-old twins Jemma and Joe Baggs live in a small English market town in which their parents run a cosy teashop. In every book in this gentle, upbeat series, an unusual or mysterious visitor to their café sparks a new adventure for the Teashop Twins, broadening their horizons and teaching them how to make sense of the world.
The books will include subtle messages of tolerance to help children grow up as responsible and sympathetic members of their wider world – just what’s needed in our age of unrest, change and conflict.
Each book will have a seasonal or charity theme, without any overt religious or political allegiance. Projected titles include:
- The Teashop Twins and the Spirit of Christmas (about putting others first during the season of goodwill)
- The Teashop Twins and the Type One Tea Party (to raise awareness and understanding of Type 1 Diabetes)
- The Teashop Twins and Remembrance Day (to foster respect and comprehension of the annual act of commemoration)
- The Teashop Twins and the Holiday at Home (to encourage appreciation both of home and abroad)
- The Teashop Twins and the Man with No Legs (about seeing the person behind the disability)
If your children enjoyed Topsy and Tim when they were younger, and you want to share stories that instill positive values and social confidence, you’ll love the Teashop Twins.
To be among the first to know when each new book is about to be published, join my free Readers’ Club here.