Welcome to my author website! Here you can:
- find out about my books
- catch up with my blog
- keep up with my events
- pick up tips about writing
- share my love of reading
Like me to let you know whenever I launch a new book? Click here to sign up to my mailing list and receive a free ebook of a short story, plus a free new short with every email.
Don’t worry about your inbox, though – I never send more than one e-newsletter a month, and I won’t share your email address with anyone else.
In the meantime, please feel free to contact me – I’ll always be glad to hear from you.
With very best wishes
PS Here’s a quick summary of My Writing Life in case you don’t have time to browse the whole site just now
- warm, witty, whimsical stories of English life
- memoirs and essays about life in an English village
- friendly, down-to-earth how-to books for other authors
- supportive books for those affected by Type 1 diabetes
When I’m not writing books, I’m busy with other book-related activities:
- directing Hawkesbury Upton Literature Festival, which I founded in 2015
- taking part in other literary festivals and events for authors
- reading and reviewing books for various journals and websites, including my Debbie Young’s Reading Life book blog
- featuring as a regular panellist on BBC Radio Gloucestershire’s Book Club
- on my Young By Name blog about whatever currently excites my butterfly mind
HELPING OTHER AUTHORS
- helping other authors as Author Advice Centre editor and ambassador at the global Alliance of Independent Authors
- running two writers’ groups in Bristol and Cheltenham