Welcome to my author website! Here you can find out more about my books, catch up with my writing-related events, and get a glimpse into other aspects of my writing life, including anecdotes from my family and village life which are both a huge influence on my fiction writing. If you’re an author, aspiring or established, you’ll also find advice and inspiration for your own work here.
Please feel free to contact me or leave comments. I’ll always be glad to hear from you, though it may take me a while to reply – as you’ll see from this website, I lead a very busy writing life!
In the meantime, if you’d like to be among the first to know next time I launch a new book, just click here to sign up to my mailing list. You’ll also receive a free download of a short story collection, plus a free new story with every e-newsletter.
With very best wishes
PS Here’s a quick summary of My Writing Life in case you don’t have time to browse the whole site just now
- warm, witty, whimsical stories of English life
- memoirs and essays about life in an English village
- friendly, down-to-earth how-to books for other authors
- supportive books for those affected by Type 1 diabetes
When I’m not writing books, I’m busy with other book-related activities:
- directing Hawkesbury Upton Literature Festival, which I founded in 2015
- taking part in other literary festivals and events for authors
- reading and reviewing books for various journals and websites, including my Debbie Young’s Reading Life book blog
- featuring as a regular panellist on BBC Radio Gloucestershire’s Book Club
- on my Young By Name blog about whatever currently excites my butterfly mind
HELPING OTHER AUTHORS
- helping other authors as Author Advice Centre editor and ambassador at the global Alliance of Independent Authors
- running two writers’ groups in Bristol and Cheltenham