Many thanks to the wonderful flash fiction writer and blogger, Helena Mallett, for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award! The rules are at the foot of this page.
As stipulated in these rules, I must now tell you seven random things about myself and nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
Seven Random Things About Me
Hmm. What might regular readers of my blog not already know about me? Here are my carefully considered seven things, roughly in chronological order…
- When I was a child, Edward Heath, later to become Prime Minister, was my local MP
- I spent my teenage years in Germany, making friends from all over the world at an international school. I’m now enjoying reconnecting with them on Facebook.
- 25 years ago, I was sent to Geneva to edit the inch-thick catalogue of a United Nations trade exhibition. It was to be printed in four languages – only three of which I could understand.
- One of my first PR jobs was to write the Wall’s Pocket Money Monitor for Wall’s Ice Cream. Yum.
- Although I’ve been married twice (widowed once), I’ve never had a mother-in-law.
- I was once kissed by Norman Wisdom (Albanian fans, eat your hearts out).
- I’ve been on a day-trip to Albania (but that’s not where I met Norman Wisdom).
My 15 Nominated Bloggers
Please pay a visit to my fifteen nominated blogs. They’re a real mix of styles and subjects, each compelling in its own way. (There are others I’d have chosen but I think they’ve already been nominated! I’m talking about you, Joanne Phillips, for a start!)
Christian Mihai – rising young writer shares his thoughts on writing and other things
Everywhere Once – fab travelogue of a couple travelling the world in a camper van
For The Love Of Bookshops – avid reader celebrates all things bookshoppish
From The Kitchen Sink – lovely mother of six rising to the challenge of special care needs
Jump – brilliant magazine blog for young girls, by young girls
Laura Zera – lovely Canadian traveller connecting cultures from around the globe
Life After Debts – plucky lady rebuilding her life after bankruptcy
Marla Madison – kind and thoughtful writer of a certain age
Moodscope – I can’t recommend this highly enough to lift your spirits and keep them on an even keel
Retiree Diary – beautiful travel photo blog
Sally Jenkins – thoughtful writer sharing advice and opportunities
The Butterfly Storm – aspiring writer on the brink of publishing her first novel
The Tiger Father – killingly funny blog by a stay-at-home Australian dad looking after two small daughters in China
The Mostyn Thomas Journal – touching, thoughtful blog by mother of a child with special needs
Undercover Mummy – brave lady blogging anonymously to get through tricky personal circumstances
And don’t forget to click on my nominator’s link, Helena Mallet, at the top of the page either! I highly recommend her book.
The Rules of the One Lovely Blog Award
1. Recipients must thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Recipients must list seven random things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.