When my author friend Jessica Bell asked friends on Facebook the other day to summarise their creative intentions for 2017, my reply made me realise that this year I’m hoping everything will be coming in threes:
- the first three novels in my Sophie Sayers Village Mystery series (one two drafted, started the third already, but much editing needed before publication)
- the first three short chapter books in my new Teashop Twins series
- three collections of short stories (to be written as palate-cleansers between the novels)
- to make the third Hawkesbury Upton Literature Festival the biggest and best year (Saturday 22nd April, folks – write it in your new diary now!)
- I’m also adopting the classic writers’ habit of morning pages – three sides of A5 first thing on waking, to help me keep in touch with my subconscious and decide where I want to go next
And finally, I have one one-off ambition: to sustain a tidy, clean house that I don’t feel I have to apologise to visitors for. But on the other hand, the housework can wait. I can always just lower my standards some more.
Whatever your plans are for 2017, I wish you a happy, productive and peaceful one.
To be one of the first to know whenever I’m about to launch a new book, join my Reader’s Club here.